Home Insurance in Utah
Home insurance is a type of property insurance used to protect the home itself and personal belongings. Having this insurance is an integral part of owning a home. It covers homeowners against different perils, including vandalism, fire, and wind damage. If you want to know more about this type of insurance, Uban Insurance Agency, serving clients in Salt Lake City, UT, and other nearby towns in Utah, prepared important information about it:
How Much Does Home Insurance Cost?
The cost of home insurance depends on different factors, including the value of the home itself, the price of personal items, building materials used for constructing your home, and location. For example, if your area is at risk of being affected by fire, storms, frozen pipes, or volcanic activity, you may have to pay for home insurance.
What Is Covered by Standard Home Insurance?
A typical standard home usually includes six coverages:
- Dwelling. Covers the building itself and attached structures.
- Other structures on the property. They are sheds, gazebos, garages, and other structures that belong to your property.
- Personal property. Covers personal belongings, including electronics and furniture. But it has its limits.
- Additional living expenses. If your home becomes uninhabitable for a while, and you will have to stay temporarily somewhere else, your home insurance will cover the related costs.
- Liability. It covers if your guest or visitor gets injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical payments. The purpose of this coverage is to cover the medical expenses of anyone who is injured on your property, regardless of who is at fault.
What Is Not Covered by Home Insurance?
Most standard home insurance policies exclude damage from such causes as:
- Nuclear hazard
- Earthquakes, floods, and sinkholes
- Regular wear and tear
- Power failure
- Government actions that include war
- Damage by insects, mold, or fungus.
Uban Insurance Agency - Protecting You Is Our Priority
If you are shopping for home insurance and do not know where to start, contacting our agency is the right decision. We serve our clients in Salt Lake City, UT, and other surrounding towns in Utah and provide them with insurance policies based on their personal preferences and needs. Feel free to visit our office or give us a call for more information.